Construction Project Management
Construction Project Management
Construction Project Management
About this course: Construction Project Management introduces you to Project Initiation and Planning. Industry experts join Columbia University professor, Ibrahim Odeh, to give an overview of the construction industry.
Professor Odeh teaches the fundamentals of the Project Development Cycle while guest lecturers discuss Lean Project Delivery method and Lean Design Behaviors.
Technological advances, such as Building Information Modeling, will be introduced with real world examples of the uses of BIM during the Lifecycle of the Project. The course concludes with Professor Odeh discussing the importance of project planning and scheduling and an opportunity to develop a Work Breakdown Structure.
Who is this class for: This course is very well suited for practitioners in the construction industry, and those looking to gain entry into the field.
Taught by: Ibrahim Odeh, Ph.D., MBA , Instructor, Department of Civil Engineeringand Engineering Mechanics, Columbia UniversityDirector of Research and Founder, Global Leaders in Construction Management
Course 1 of 4 in the Construction Management Specialization
|Commitment||This course is rigorous and learners are expected to dedicate 5 weeks of study, 3-5 hours/week.|
|How To Pass||Pass all graded assignments to complete the course.|
Average User Rating 4.7 See what learners said
- Reading : Course Survey
- Video : Introduction To The Course Part 1
- Video : Introduction To The Course Part 2
- Video : Introduction to the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Video : Construction Projects and Industry Characteristics
- Video : Challenges and Opportunities in the Construction Industry
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on construction industry
- Video : Program Project and Construction Management Introduction
- Video : Construction Management and Project Management
- Video : Program Management and Summary
- Video : Construction vs Manufacturing Industry Basics
- Video : Compare and Contrast the Construction and Manufacturing Industries
- Video : The Future of the Construction Industry
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on construction vs manufacturing
- Video : Introduction to the EAC Life Cycle
- Video : The Cost of Change in the EAC Lifecycle
- Video : Key EAC Lifecycle Questions
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on EAC
- Video : Project Development Cycle Part 1
- Video : Project Development Cycle Part 2
- Video : Contract Types
- Video : Project Delivery Methods
- Video : Contracting Strategy Assessment
- Video : CM at Risk and CM as Agency
- Video : Alliance Contracting and Public Private Partnerships
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on project delivery methods
- Video : Types of Surety Bonds
- Video : Purchasing a Surety Bond
- Video : Terminating a Surety Bond
- Video : Surety Loss Data
- Video : Project Delivery and the Theory of Lean
- Video : Lean Design and Delivery
- Video : Lean Design: Flow
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion Lean construction
- Video : Sustainability in Construction Industry
- Video : Safety in Construction Industry
- Video : Community Involvement in a Construction Project
- Video : Rating Systems for Construction Projects
- Video : The Envision Rating System
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on sustainability in construction
- Video : Environmental, Health and Safety Practices
- Video : Barriers to Learning and Change
- Video : Safety Performance Models
- Video : Safety, Health and Environment Management Systems
- Video : Making EHS Work for You
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on EHS
- Video : Technology Trends: Defining BIM
- Video : The Role of CM and Design Management
- Video : Technology and The Role of CM
- Video : Technology and The Role of Facility Management
- Video : Virtual Reality in Construction Management
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on tech trends in construction
- Video : International Development and Project Risk
- Video : Cost Risks: Construction Projects
- Video : Cost Risks: Operations
- Video : ESPIRIT: A Framework for Understanding Risk
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on International Development
- Video : Being an Effective Project Manager
- Video : The Project Organizational Chart
- Video : Methods of Contracting
- Video : Potential Project Risks
- Video : Logistics and Planning
- Video : Bidding and Levelling Sheets
- Video : Change Order and Claim Management
- Discussion Prompt : Discussion on the role of PM
This module also covers standards and project coding in construction projects. You will learn how to define construction plans and build your activity list within a standard coding system. Project coding systems provide the framework for project planning and control as a means of communication.
- Video : Project Planning and Scheduling
- Video : The Project Planning Process
- Video : Work Breakdown Structure
- Video : Standard and Project Coding Part
- Video : Project Coding
- Video : Estimating Activity Duration Part 1
- Video : Estimating Activity Duration Part 2
- Video : Determining Job Logic
- Video : Activity Relationships
How It Works
Each course is like an interactive textbook, featuring pre-recorded videos, quizzes and projects.
Connect with thousands of other learners and debate ideas, discuss course material,
and get help mastering concepts.
Earn official recognition for your work, and share your success with friends,
colleagues, and employers.
|Access to course materials|
|Access to graded materials|
|Receive a final grade|
|Earn a shareable Course Certificate|
Ratings and Reviews
The course was very informative and I learned a lot of concepts that I can apply to my everyday work.
This first week gave a very clear representation of the differences between Program, Project and Construction management.
Great learning module
The structure of this course is quite clear,but if it could provide a reading list, it might help me understand part of specialized knowledge deeply.
You May Also Like
partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online.
- For Business
- For Government
- Beta Testers
- Tech Blog
One more step
Please complete the security check to access www.lorman.com
Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Check out the browser extension in the Chrome Store .
Cloudflare Ray ID: 456ffff6d10f8f57
Your IP: 22.214.171.124
Performance & security by Cloudflare